CCRSPI is governed by a Steering Committee and adminstered by a secretariat
CCRSPI was established in 2007 under the mandate of the then Primary Industries Ministerial Council. It is one of several cross-sectoral strategies that sit under the National Research Development and Extension Framework.
CCRSPI is governed by a Steering Committee whose members are executive-level nominees from partner organisations. The Steering Committee is responsible for:
- Setting strategic direction for the operations of the CCRSPI partnership
- Overseeing the allocation of committed funding
- Guiding planning and coordination of CCRSPI activities
- Reviewing the performance of the Strategy
- Promoting and representing CCRSPI to its partners and external stakeholders.
The current Steering Committee members are:
- Mr Cameron Hutchison (Chair) - Australian Government Department of Agriculture and Water Resources
- Dr Michael Battaglia - CSIRO
- Dr Isa Yunusa - Grains Research and Development Corporation
- Mr John Harvey - Rural Industries Research and Development Corporation
- Dr Michael Crawford - Victorian Department of Environment and Primary Industries
- Dr Tom Davison - Meat & Livestock Australia
- Ms Janine Price - Australian Pork Limited
- Mr Robert Karfs - Queensland Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry
- Ms Cathy Phelps - Dairy Australia Ltd
- Dr Jason Crean - NSW Department of Primary Industries
The CCRSPI secretariat, funded by partner membership contributions, manages activities on behalf of the partners including: coordinating and facilitating collaborative discussions and forums, managing a stocktake of climate change research, delivering information sessions on emerging issues, and communicating and promoting research priorities and gaps identified by partners to government and policy makers.
The secretariat is hosted by the Rural Industries Research and Development Corporation.