CRSPI operates through a Partnership Agreement and is governed by a Coordinating Group made up of CRSPI Partner representatives. Agrifutures Australia administers CRSPI and hosts the Secretariat.
The Coordinating Group is responsible for:
- Setting the strategic direction
- Oversight of the operations of the CRSPI Secretariat and Manager
- Overseeing the allocation of committed funding
- Guiding planning and coordination of CRSPI activities
- Reviewing the performance of the Strategy
- Promoting and representing CRSPI to its partners and external stakeholders.
Coordinating Group members are:
- Dr Jason Crean - NSW Department of Primary Industries (Chair)
- Alan Balino - Australian Government Department of Agriculture and Water Resources
- Dr Lilly Lim-Camacho - CSIRO
- Traci Griffin - Department of Economic Development Victoria
- Lucinda Staley - AgriFutures Australia
- Justin Crosby – Grains Research and Development Corporation
- Doug McNicholl - Meat Livestock Australia
The CRSPI secretariat is funded by annual partner contributions. The Secretariat is responsible for delivery of agreed activities which include:
- Coordinating and facilitating collaborative discussions
- Hosting collaboration forum and the CRSPI Conference every two years
- Maintaining a stocktake of partner investment in climate change research
- Sharing knowledge about emerging issues
- Communicating and promoting research priorities and gaps with industry, government and research providers.