CRSPI is governed by a Steering Committee and adminstered by a secretariat
CRSPI was established in 2007 under the mandate of the then Primary Industries Ministerial Council. It is one of several cross-sectoral strategies that sit under the National Research Development and Extension Framework.
CRSPI is governed by a Steering Committee whose members are executive-level nominees from partner organisations. The Steering Committee is responsible for:
- Setting strategic direction for the operations of the CRSPI partnership
- Overseeing the allocation of committed funding
- Guiding planning and coordination of CRSPI activities
- Reviewing the performance of the Strategy
- Promoting and representing CRSPI to its partners and external stakeholders.
The current Steering Committee members are:
- Dr Jason Crean - NSW Department of Primary Industries (Chair)
- Alan Balino - Australian Government Department of Agriculture and Water Resources
- Dr Lily Lim-Camacho - CSIRO
- Ms Traci Griffin - Department of Economic Development Victoira
- Mr. John Smith - AgriFutures Australia
- Ms Cathy Phelps - Dairy Australia Ltd
- Mr. Doug McNicholl - Meat Livestock Australia
The CRSPI secretariat, funded by partner membership contributions, manages activities on behalf of the partners including: coordinating and facilitating collaborative discussions and forums, managing a stocktake of climate change research, delivering information sessions on emerging issues, and communicating and promoting research priorities and gaps identified by partners to government and policy makers.
The secretariat is hosted by the AgriFutures Australia trading as Rural Industries Research and Development Corporation.